Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Something for the Men

I was recently at a pamper evening being held for a local hospice when a chap came over to the table looking for something for himself.  This has never happened to me before.  He asked if I have anything for men, which I didn't, so I duly scurried into my workshop (read work area, workshop sounds grand) and came up with this


It is one of my 'Beau Bangle' designs using a pvc bracelet which slips over the hand.  Alternatively it can be trimmed for a more snug fit.  The clasp is a pull apart connector which is surprisingly difficult to pull apart.  The beads are made on 5mm mandrels.  The larger beads on this one have a  clear base with some murrini, or twistie for decoration with some plain black spacer beads.  I haven't added any of the charms or ring clusters to this one for fear of making it too feminie. 

I would appreciate any feedback from any blokes out there as to whether it is something they would wear.  My husband thinks its great but he isn't jewellery wearer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment