Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Luxury

Today I have the very rare pleasure of being home alone for a couple of hours so I thought I would take the opportunity to show what I have made using the green and black beads in my previous post. 

 The glass beads were calling out for some beaded beads so I dusted off my beading needle and raided my large stash of seed beads.  I had forgotten how much fun it is to make beaded beads.  The clasp is one of my favorites from Bijoux Beads.  Unfortuanately I am going to have to re-make this bracelet as it is a wee bit small, but it won't take me long.  It will be interesting to see if the bracelet takes the same form in the re-making.



I have also had a commission.  The brief is 'a bracelet in black, yellow and white'.  I rarely work with yellow so this has been a nice challenge.  I was so pleased with the green beads above that I decided to follow a similar pattern.  The urge to make some more beaded beads was too strong to resist, you can just about see some in the bead soup bowl. 

In other news; the tortoises are awake!  We had to wake them as the winter has been so long and cold they have been very sleepy.  I am pleased to be able to report that they are all doing well, stretching their legs and grazing on dandelions.  We also have some new additions to the family which will be arriving at the weekend.  Be sure to drop by to find out about them over the weekend.

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment